Beautiful Homes in The Bay - Optimising Your Comfort
1 September 2022, 11:20AM
Tauranga is a beautiful city in one of the most stunning parts of our country. It boasts a wonderful climate and overall lifestyle, making it a great place to live.
Situated on the east coast of New Zealand’s North Island, Tauranga is the fifth largest city in New Zealand with a population of over 120,000 people, and is renowned for its stunning natural scenery, its friendly and relaxed atmosphere and its excellent lifestyle opportunities.
Living in Tauranga means having easy access to some of the best beaches in New Zealand. The city is just a short drive from the world-famous surfing beaches of Mount Maunganui and Papamoa Beach, as well as the beautiful white sand beaches of Tauranga Harbour. There are also plenty of opportunities for fishing, swimming, sailing and windsurfing.
The climate in Tauranga is excellent, with warm summers and mild winters. The city gets plenty of sunshine, making it the perfect place to enjoy outdoor activities all year round.
Tauranga is a great place to raise a family. It has excellent schools and a wide range of recreational and cultural activities for children and families. The city also has a low crime rate and is very safe.
There are plenty of employment opportunities in Tauranga, with a strong economy and a wide range of businesses. The city is also home to the University of Waikato, which provides students with the opportunity to study for a degree while living in a beautiful and vibrant city.
If you’re looking for an excellent lifestyle and the opportunity to enjoy all that New Zealand has to offer, then Tauranga is the perfect place for you.
First find a home that you will love forever, and then start making it more comfortable – more you!
As Tauranga accountants Auctus say, there is a “shortage of available houses and available sections. Let’s face it, urban land… they aren’t making any more of it.” So, it’s best to maximise the benefit of the property you already have, and increase both your comfort and the value of your home.
Making your Tauranga home more comfortable doesn’t have to be expensive. Sometimes, all it takes is a few simple changes to make your space more liveable. Consider these tips:
1. Let in the lightThere are many benefits to adding natural light to your home, and Tauranga is one of the first places in the world to see the sun each day. Here are some of the most compelling reasons to let the sunshine in:
- Sunlight boosts your mood and energy levels. Exposure to sunlight increases levels of serotonin, a hormone that’s associated with happiness and well-being. So if you’re feeling low, a dose of sunshine can help pick you up.
- Natural light also helps to regulate your body’s circadian rhythms, or sleep/wake cycles. Getting enough sunlight during the day can help you sleep better at night.
- Sunlight improves your mental and physical health. Studies have shown that sunlight exposure can improve mental health conditions like seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and depression.
- Sunlight is also essential for vitamin D production. Vitamin D is important for bone health, and it may also protect against some chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- Sunlight can help you save money on energy bills. During the daytime, natural light can reduce the need for artificial lighting, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- In addition, sunlight can help to heat your home naturally during the winter months, which can further reduce your energy costs.
- Sunlight makes your home more comfortable. Too much artificial light can be harsh and unpleasant. Sunlight, on the other hand, is naturally diffused and gentle, making it more comfortable for your eyes and skin.
- Sunlight can make your home more beautiful. Natural light can help to highlight the features of your home that you love, and it can make your rooms look larger and more inviting.
1. Install skylights.Skylights are a great way to bring sunlight into your home. They can be installed in almost any room, and they come in a variety of sizes and styles to suit your needs.
2. Add windows.If your home doesn’t have many windows, you can add more to let in more natural light. Consider adding a bay window in your living room or extra windows in your bedrooms.
3. Use light-coloured paint.Painting your walls and ceilings in light colours can help to reflect light and brighten up your rooms.
4. Mirrors.Hanging mirrors in your home can help to bounce light around, making your rooms feel brighter.
5. Glass doors.Replacing solid doors with glass doors or French doors can also help to increase the amount of natural light in your home.
Making some simple changes to let in more natural light can have a big impact on your home. Not only will it look more beautiful, but you’ll also enjoy all of the health and financial benefits that come with it.
2. Bring in some plantsWhen most people think of using plants to make their home more comfortable, they probably think of adding a few potted plants here and there to help spruce up the place. And pot plants can be great. In fact, The Green Room states that, In 2020, house plant sales increased by 18%.
But did you know that there are actually a number of ways you can use plants to make your home more comfortable, both inside and out? Here are just a few ideas:
1. Incorporate plants into your home décor.One of the easiest ways to use plants to make your home more comfortable is to simply incorporate them into your home décor. This could mean adding a few potted plants or hanging plants in strategic locations throughout your home. Not only will this help to spruce up your space, but it can also help to purify the air and create a more inviting and relaxing atmosphere.
2. Create an indoor garden.If you love being around plants and spending time outdoors, why not bring the outdoors inside by creating an indoor garden? This is a great way to add a touch of nature to your home while also providing yourself with a place to relax and unwind. Just be sure to choose plants that are suitable for indoor growing and that will thrive in the environment you create.
3. Turn your outdoor space into a oasis.Another great way to use plants to make your home more comfortable is to turn your outdoor space into a oasis. This could involve anything from adding a few potted plants and patio furniture to creating an elaborate garden area complete with a water feature. No matter what you do, just be sure to choose plants that are well-suited to your climate and that will thrive in your outdoor space.
4. Use plants to improve the air quality in your home.One of the most important ways that plants can make your home more comfortable is by helping to improve the air quality. Indoor plants are particularly effective at filtering out harmful chemicals and pollutants, making the air in your home cleaner and healthier to breathe. So if you’re looking for a way to improve your indoor air quality, be sure to add some plants to your home.
5. Plants can help reduce noise levels in your home.If you live in a busy area or have noisy neighbors, you may find that the noise levels in your home are too high for comfort. But did you know that plants can actually help to reduce noise levels? That’s right – by absorbing sound waves, plants can help to muffle and reduce noise, making your home a more peaceful and tranquil place to be.
So, don’t forget about the power of plants. By incorporating them into your décor, creating an indoor garden, or simply adding a few potted plants to your home, you can enjoy all the benefits that plants have to offer.
3. Add some cosy throws and pillowsYour home should be your haven; a place where you can relax and feel comfortable. One way to make your home more comfortable is to use throws and pillows.
Throws can be used in a variety of ways to add comfort and style to your home. They can be draped over furniture, like sofas and chairs, or used as part of a bedding ensemble. They can also be used to add colour or pattern to a room, or simply to provide an extra layer of warmth.
Pillows are another great way to add comfort to your home. They can be used to decorate furniture, or simply to provide extra support when sitting or lying down. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, so you can find ones that fit your needs and taste.
Here’s a guide to help you choose the best throw pillows for your home.
First, decide what you want the pillow to doAre you looking for something purely decorative, or do you need it to be functional as well? If you’re using it purely for looks, then you have more leeway in terms of materials and embellishments. If you need it to be functional, then you’ll want to choose a pillow that’s comfortable to lean on and easy to clean.
Next, think about the size of the pillowIt should be in proportion to the furniture it will be used on. For example, if you want to use it as a couch pillow, then it should be smaller than the couch cushions. And if you want to use it as a bed pillow, then it should be smaller than a standard pillow.
Then, consider the fillThrow pillows can be filled with down, feathers, polyester, or even memory foam. Down and feathers provide the most comfort, but they can be more expensive and require more care. Polyester is less expensive and easy to care for, but it doesn’t have the same level of comfort. Memory foam is a good option if you need extra support, but it can be quite hot to sleep on.
Finally, think about the fabricIt should be durable and easy to clean, but it also should complement the rest of your decor. Choose a fabric that’s stain-resistant if you have kids or pets, and opt for a neutral colour if you want the pillow to blend in. If you’re looking for a pop of colour, then go for it! Just be sure to avoid busy patterns that can be overwhelming.
Whether you use them separately or together, throws and pillows can help you create a more comfortable and stylish home.
4. Update your window treatmentsOld, outdated window treatments can make a space feel dated and cluttered. If your window treatments need an update, consider adding some shutters, blinds, or curtains.
Your windows are one of the places in your home where you can control the amount of sunlight and heat that comes in. By choosing the right window treatments, you can make full advantage of Tauranga’s gorgeous sunshine.
In the winter, you can keep your home warm by insulating your windows with heavy drapes or blinds. In the summer, you can protect your furniture and floors from fading by blocking out the sun’s UV rays with light-coloured curtains or shades.
Here are some of the most popular window treatments and how they can make your home more comfortable:
1. ShadesShades are a great way to make your home more comfortable because they can block out the sun. If you live in a place where the sun shines in a lot, then having shades can make a big difference. They can also help to keep the heat in during the winter and the cool air in during the summer.
2. CurtainsCurtains are another great option for making your home more comfortable. They can also help to block out the sun and keep the heat in during the winter. However, they can also be used to let in light during the day. If you have a lot of windows, then having curtains can definitely make a difference.
3. BlindsBlinds are a great way to control the light in your home. They can be used to block out the sun or to let in light. They’re also great for privacy. If you have a lot of windows, then blinds can definitely help to make your home more comfortable.
4. ShuttersShutters are a great way to control the light and the temperature in your home. They can be used to block out the sun or to let in light. They can also help to keep the heat in during the winter and the cool air in during the summer. If you have a lot of windows, then shutters can definitely make your home more comfortable.
5. Window FilmWindow film is a great way to control the light in your home. It can be used to block out the sun or to let in light. It can also help to keep the heat in during the winter and the cool air in during the summer. If you have a lot of windows, then window film can definitely help to make your home more comfortable.
5. Upgrade your light fixturesIf you’re looking for ways to make your home in the Bay more comfortable, you may want to consider using light fixtures to help set the mood. The right lighting can make a big difference in how comfortable you feel in your home.
Here are a few tips on using light fixtures to make your home more comfortable:
Choose the right light bulbsWhen it comes to light bulbs, there are a few different options to choose from. If you want a more natural light, look for bulbs that say “full spectrum” on the label. These bulbs emit a light that’s closer to sunlight, which can help you feel more alert and awake. If you’re looking for a cozy, warm light, look for “soft white” or “warm white” bulbs. These bulbs emit a yellow-toned light that’s perfect for relaxing in.
Consider your fixturesThe fixtures you use can also make a big difference in the comfort level of your home. Table lamps and floor lamps can create a warm, inviting atmosphere in your living room or bedroom. In the kitchen, under-cabinet lighting can help you see while you’re cooking. And in the bathroom, wall sconces can provide a soft, relaxing light while you’re taking a bath or getting ready for bed.
Think about the intensityWhen it comes to light fixtures, it’s not just about the type of light bulb you use – it’s also about the intensity of the light. If you want a more relaxed atmosphere, go for light fixtures that give off a softer, diffused light. If you need a brighter light for tasks like cooking or working at a desk, look for fixtures that emit a more focused light.
Pay attention to the detailsIn addition to the type of light fixture and the intensity of the light, you also want to pay attention to the details of the fixture itself. The colour, material, and shape of a light fixture can all affect the way the light looks and feels in a room. If you want a warm, inviting light, look for fixtures that are made from natural materials like wood or stone. If you want a more modern look, go for fixtures that are made from metal or glass.
Consider LED lightingTauranga is a wonderful place to enjoy indoor and outdoor entertaining and LED lights can really change the atmosphere of your home. So, when it comes to making your home more comfortable, there are a few key areas where you can make a difference with LED lighting.
The right light can help to set the tone for each room in your house and can help to create the perfect atmosphere to make you feel at home.
- In the living room, for example, you might want to install LED lights in dimmable pot lights to create a cosy and inviting space. Alternatively, if you have a TV or fireplace in the room, you can use LED lights to create a subtle and flattering light that will make watching TV or relaxing in front of the fire even more enjoyable.
- In the kitchen, LED strip lights under cabinets can help to create a warm and welcoming space while cooking or entertaining guests. You can also use LED lights to highlight certain features in the kitchen, such as a beautiful backsplash or a piece of art.
- In the bedroom, LED lights can help to create a soothing and calming space where you can relax and unwind at the end of the day. You might want to install LED pot lights in the ceiling, or use LED strip lights in the wardrobe to create a soft, ambient light.
- In the bathroom, LED lights can help to create a spa-like atmosphere, perfect for relaxing baths or invigorating showers. You can use LED pot lights in the ceiling or install LED strip lights around the bathtub or shower to create a****zones of light.
- In the home office, LED lights can help to create a bright and inspiring space where you can be productive and get work done. You can use LED pot lights in the ceiling, or install LED strip lights beneath shelves and desks to create a well-lit workspace.
- In the outdoors, LED lights can help to light up walkways and gardens and can even be used to create an outdoor living space where you can relax and enjoy the fresh air. You can use LED floodlights to light up a deck or patio or install LED spotlights to highlight certain features in the garden.
7. Install new flooringOld, worn-out flooring can make a space feel uninviting and unwelcoming. If your floors need an update, consider installing new tile, hardwood, or laminate flooring.
If you’re considering new flooring for your home, comfort should be one of your top priorities. Not only do you want your flooring to look great, but you also want it to feel great underfoot. The right flooring can make a huge difference in the overall comfort of your home. Here are a few flooring options that are sure to add some extra comfort to your space.
CarpetCarpet is often thought of as being cozy and comfortable, and for good reason. It’s soft and welcoming underfoot, making it a great choice for bedrooms and living areas. Carpet is also a great insulator, helping to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. If you have small children or pets, carpet can be a great option as it’s easier on their joints and helps to reduce noise.
LaminateTake the look of a real timber floor, add scratch resistance, long-term durability, affordability and you have laminate. You will be surprised with how real they look!
Engineered timberEngineered wood is a type of hardwood flooring that is composed of multiple layers of wood. The top layer is a thin veneer of hardwood, while the bottom layers are made of plywood or other composite materials. Engineered wood is a more stable option than solid hardwood, making it less likely to warp or cup over time. It’s also a bit softer than solid hardwood, making it more comfortable underfoot.
VinylLuxury Vinyl flooring is a popular choice for many homeowners as it offers the look of hardwood or stone at a fraction of the price. Luxury Vinyl is also extremely durable and easy to care for, making it a great choice for busy households. It’s also comfortable underfoot and can be warmer than other hard surface flooring options.
CorkCork flooring is a unique and eco-friendly option that is increasing in popularity. Cork is soft and cushiony underfoot, making it a comfortable option for any room in your home. It’s also a great insulator, helping to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Cork is also a naturally hypoallergenic material, making it a great choice for allergy sufferers.
LinoleumLinoleum is a type of flooring that is made from all-natural materials, making it a great eco-friendly option. It’s also soft and comfortable underfoot, making it a good choice for bedrooms and living areas. Linoleum is a bit more delicate than other flooring options, so it’s not a good choice for high-traffic areas.
8. Add some wall artWho doesn’t love coming home to a comfortable and inviting space? Making your home more comfortable doesn’t have to be expensive or time-consuming. Something as simple as adding wall art can have a big impact.
Tauranga and Mount Maunganui have wonderful art galleries that capitalise on and show off the natural beauty of the Bay of Plenty.
Wall art is a great way to personalize your space and make it feel like your own. It can also be a fun way to experiment with different design styles. Not sure where to start? Here are a few tips for using wall art to make your home more comfortable:
1. Pick wall art that reflects your personality.Do you have a favourite colour? Do you love nature? Do you have a passion for art or travel? Whatever it is that makes you unique, find wall art that reflects that. Not only will it make your home more comfortable, it will also make it more personal.
2. Consider the size of your space.hung too high or too low. If you have a small space, go for smaller pieces of wall art. Conversely, if you have a large wall that you’d like to fill, go for a statement piece.
3. Play with different styles.Don’t be afraid to mix and match different styles of wall art. If you love vintage finds, pair them with modern pieces. Or, if you prefer a more minimalist look, go for clean and simple lines.
4. Use wall art to make a statement.If you have a piece of furniture or art that you want to highlight, use wall art to draw attention to it. For example, if you have a beautiful sofa, consider hanging a piece of dramatic wall art above it.
5. Stick to a theme.If you’re stumped on what kind of wall art to choose, think about sticking to a theme. For example, you could choose a theme like “coastal living” or “desert oasis.” Then, find wall art that fits that theme.
6. Get creative.Wall art doesn’t have to be limited to paintings and photographs. Get creative and experiment with other materials like fabric, wood, or even paper.
7. Don’t be afraid to DIY.If you’re on a budget or feeling crafty, try making your own wall art. There are tons of great DIY ideas out there, so you’re sure to find something that fits your style.
Making your home more comfortable doesn’t have to be difficult. By adding wall art, you can personalize your space and make it feel like your own. So, get creative and start shopping for wall art today.
9. Update your furnitureOld, outdated furniture can make a space feel frumpy and dated. If you’re in need of a furniture update, consider shopping for some new pieces.
Your home should be your sanctuary, a place where you can relax and feel comfortable. But if your furniture is outdated, it can make your space feel uninviting and even uncomfortable. Updating your furniture is a great way to give your home a fresh, new look and make it more comfortable at the same time.
Living in the Bay provides wonderful opportunities to invest in furniture that reflects Tauranga’s ocean, beaches and mountains.
1. Choose comfortable, stylish furniture.The most important factor in making your furniture comfortable is to choose pieces that you love and that fit your personal style. However, comfort is also important. You don’t want to choose furniture that is so fashionable that it sacrifices comfort.
2. Consider the scale of your furniture.Make sure that the furniture you choose is the right size for the space. Furniture that is too large or too small can make a room feel unbalanced and even uncomfortable.
3. Pay attention to the details.Details like the finish, the hardware, and the upholstery can make a big difference in the overall look and feel of your furniture. Choose details that you love and that complement the rest of your home.
4. Invest in quality furniture.Quality furniture is worth the investment because it will last longer and look better than cheaper alternatives. When you buy quality furniture, you can be sure that it will stand the test of time and will remain comfortable for years to come.
5. Get rid of furniture you don’t love.If you have furniture that you don’t love or that doesn’t fit your style, get rid of it. There’s no point in keeping furniture that doesn’t make you happy or that you don’t use.
Updating your furniture is a great way to improve the comfort of your home. By following these tips, you can choose furniture that is both stylish and comfortable, and that will make your home more inviting and comfortable.
10. Improve the climate of your homeThe key to a comfortable home is maintaining a consistent temperature throughout the day and night. The most efficient way to do that is to invest in a heat pump. And because the Bay has such an even climate, investing in a heat pump in Tauranga will provide even more efficient heating and cooling than in other parts of the country!
Comfortable temperaturesA heat pump can improve the comfort of your home by evenly distributing heat throughout the living space. In the winter, a heat pump can maintain a comfortable temperature even when the outdoor temperature is very cold. In the summer, a heat pump can keep your home cool and comfortable even when the outdoor temperature is very hot.
Quality of AirA heat pump can also help to improve the indoor air quality of your home by circulating fresh air from the outdoors. In the winter, a heat pump can bring fresh, dry air into your home. In the summer, a heat pump can remove stale, humid air from your home.
Money SavingsA heat pump can help to save energy and money by reducing the need for other heating and cooling systems. A heat pump can be used as the sole source of heat for your home, or it can be used in conjunction with other heating and cooling systems.
If you are considering a heat pump for your home, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First, you will need to choose the right size heat pump for your home.When choosing a heat pump, it is important to select a unit that is properly sized for your home. An undersized heat pump will not be able to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home, and an oversized heat pump will use more energy than necessary.
Second, you will need to have your duct system professionally sized and installed.Once you have selected the right size heat pump for your home, the next step is to have your duct system professionally sized and installed. An improperly sized or installed duct system can cause your heat pump to work harder than necessary and can decrease the efficiency of the unit.
Third, you will need to choose a reputable heat pump dealer and installer.When choosing a heat pump dealer and installer, it is important to select a company that is experienced and reputable. A good heat pump dealer will be able to answer any questions you have about heat pumps and will be able to help you select the best unit for your home.
11. Use decking to expand your living spaceIf you're looking for a way to improve your home, consider decking. Decking can provide a great place to relax and entertain guests, and it can also add value to your home.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you're planning on adding decking to your home:
Here are some tips on how you can use decking to improve your home:
1. Choose the right materialsThere are a few things you need to consider when choosing decking materials. First, you need to decide if you want soft word, hard wood, or even composite decking. Then, you need to think about the cost, the maintenance, and the look you’re going for.
Natural wood is the most popular choice for decking. It’s affordable and has a classic look. However, it does require more maintenance than composite or plastic.
Composite decking is made of a mix of wood and plastic. It’s durable and low maintenance. However, it’s more expensive than natural wood.
2. Plan the designOnce you’ve chosen the materials, it’s time to start planning the design. You need to consider the size, shape, and location of the deck. You also need to think about how you want to use the space.
Do you want a place to relax and entertain? Do you want a space for your children to play? Do you want to extend your living space?
Once you’ve decided how you want to use the space, you can start planning the design.
3. Hire a professional deck builderIf you’re not confident in your DIY skills, it’s best to hire a deck builder from Tauranga. They will be able to advise you on the best materials and design for your home. They will also be able to handle the construction and installation for you.
4. Do it yourselfIf you’re confident in your DIY skills, you can save money by doing it yourself. Just make sure you do your research and plan the project carefully.
5. MaintenanceOnce your deck is installed, you need to think about maintenance. Natural wood requires regular sealing and staining. Composite and plastic decking is low-maintenance. However, all decking needs to be cleaned on a regular basis.
Decking is a great way to improve your home. It can add value to your property and extend your living space. It can also be used to create a beautiful outdoor entertaining area. Just make sure you choose the right materials and plan the project carefully.